Master's Program: Physics and Technology of Nanostructures
Outcome (diploma or credits): Master of Science (ITMO University)
Duration: 2 Years
Admission Requirements: Bachelor's degree in physics or equivalent with good/excellent grades. Upper-intermediate level of English.
Career Options: Nanoengineers and Nanotechnologists at high-tech industrial companies in the fields of electronics, instrument-making, nano industry and other knowledge-intensive industries, both in Russia and abroad.
Would you like to build an exciting career in the rapidly growing field of nanostructures? Do you want to work hand in hand with the world's leading scientists and gain hands-on research in this perspective area? Then this Program is for you!
Benefits of the Program
- Wide range of elective courses for building individual study track based on personal interests
- World-class professors from ITMO University.
- Advanced lab equipment, special software appliances, and innovative educational technologies
- Unique opportunities for research, academic career, and international cooperation
- A unique blend of theoretical knowledge and practical experience for a successful career in the field of nanotechnologies worldwide
- provides a high level of understanding of physics and engineering disciplines, such as Photonics, Nanotechnology, Optoinformatics, Microfabrication, Practical use of Nanostructures, etc.;
- focuses on research and development of nanomaterials, nanostructures, micro- and nanosystems, as well as micro- and nanodevices. The objects of the study are semiconductor and metal nanoparticles, semiconductor quantum wells and threads, fullerenes, nanotubes, graphene, molecular complexes, doped semiconductor materials and liquid crystals.
- lets the students be deeply involved in research and hands-on project work under the supervision of the most prominent researchers in the fields of synthesis, discrimination and practical application of quantum nanostructures of various types in optoelectronics, photonics, biology, and medicine;
- offers research opportunities at ITMO International research and education centre for physics of nanostructures for design, development, and fabrication of micro- and nanosystems . The students have an excellent opportunity to participate in fascinating and relevant laboratory and hands-on project work supported by advanced scientific equipment of leading firms, namely, powerful laser systems; scanning, electron, and atomic force microscopes; spectral analysis equipment and numerous optical research setups.